How does the body’s immune system ‘beat the bugs’ (viruses, bacteria, parasites)? If your class can tell a story about this, then you might…
Win cool stuff for your classroom!
Enter the Australasian Society for Immunology* “Beating the Bugs” competition, and your class could be in the running for these prizes:
• Digital imaging equipment (your choice, to the value of $1,000)
• Australian Geographic prize packs
• Book vouchers
Trophies will also be awarded for first prize and runner up.
• Open to Years 3–6
• Create a 1-5 minute video or digital story (5 mins maximum)
Entries are due Friday 7 September. Winners will be announced Friday 12 October.
For a free booklet explaining the immune system in simple and accessible terms and to enter the competition, email:
• Dr Meredith O’Keeffe at Meredith@burnet.edu.au, or
• Dr Charles Hardy at Charles.email@example.com.
We welcome your interest.
For more information, see:
* The Victorian branch of the Australasian Society for Immunology is working to raise awareness of the immune system and immunology research. This competition is being run by collaborating universities and research institutes with sponsorship from commercial organizations